An exciting opportunity exists to join the Client Funds team, which is responsible for efficient control and management of £350m of customer cash, the safeguarding of which is an integral part of Paddy Power Betfair’s strategy.
The role would be responsible for helping to accurately identify and reconcile all customer account balance impacting transactions. Included as part of this is the daily reconciliation of all client deposit and withdrawals, transfer of funds to/from products and promotional credits issued. There is also an opportunity to get involved in integration of new products, payment methods and jurisdictions and calculation of Corporate cash settlements.
- Performance of the daily rota, encompassing deposit and withdrawal reconciliation, completeness of fund movements controls and authorisation of promotional credit application.
- Ensuring customer transactions are accurately identified and appropriately allocated.
- Monitoring of jurisdictional balances to ensure compliance with local regulations.
- Liaison and relationship building with other departments to aid the efficient accomplishment of daily tasks.
- Completion of month-end bank reconciliations.
- Effective and timely communication with Client Funds Manager, including reporting of any financial exceptions and liabilities as they arise.
- Managing relationships across geographical locations, with many key stakeholders being situated in Dublin.
- Awareness of the financial control framework and an ability to identify potential risks.
Skills & Experience
- Strong educational background (although to degree level is not essential)
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn combined with a proactive approach to work and a desire to progress.
- Proficient in use of standard IT packages (especially Excel) and good system skills.
- Professional and positive approach, combined with good time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- High level of attention to detail and trustworthiness due to sensitive nature of customer information.
- Proactivity and innovation – capacity to take the initiative to identify improvements in process and assist management in implementation.
- Communication skills are important, with the ability to communicate both within the team and to members of the wider business both essential.
- Flexible, enjoying a frequently changing and fast paced environment.