Head of Paddy Power CRM
CRM Team within Marketing Department at Paddy Power Betfair
Reports to: CRM Director
Purpose of the role:
Reporting into PPB CRM Director, the primary purpose of the Head of Paddy Power CRM is to manage the relationship between the customer and Paddy Power, across Online Gaming, Online Sportsbook and our Retail business. This person will lead on all Marketing-led customer communications across all platforms in the UK and Ireland. Central to this role is to ensure that Paddy Power’s CRM strategy grows customer value through automated, best-in-class communications which bring the brand to life, whilst meeting regulatory requirements.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Work closely with the CRM Director to define the Paddy Power CRM strategy to increase customer value and engagement, with a focus on ensuring comms from different channels (Sports / Gaming / Retail) speak to the customer as one Paddy Power brand and bring the Paddy Power brand to life.
- Be responsible for the implementation and delivery of this strategy via the extended Paddy Power CRM team.
- Lead the Paddy Power CRM Team, with direct managerial responsibility for two CRM Managers and over-arching responsibility for a team of nine.
- Manage the day to day implementation of GDPR and other forthcoming regulatory changes, including optimising opt in rates and customer engagement with comms in a post-GDPR world.
- Partner with key stakeholders (PP Sports Director, PP Gaming Director and PP Retail Director) and their teams to develop longer term customer-centric planning processes, resulting in improved execution of campaigns.
- Own, adapt and evolve current CRM initiatives, establishing the right KPIs to track performance and optimise accordingly, with the support of the CRM Insight Team. Continually look to optimise campaigns via technology such as Moveable Ink.
- Identify opportunities for automation and work with other teams to implement, with a focus on efforts which improve personalisation of comms.
- Establish a strong relationship with the Lifecycle CRM Team to deliver integrated comms plan.
- Manage the pipeline of strategic and tactical projects for Paddy Power, best using your resource to efficiently deliver projects, whilst maximising development opportunities for your team.
- Develop a seamless relationship with the CRM Data team to deliver flawless execution.
- Work closely with the Head of Betfair CRM to ensure the two brands’ CRM strategies are best delivering against the distinct strategies of each brand, as well as encouraging share and reapply between the two brands.
- Constantly bring the outside in, sharing best in class examples from both within and beyond our industry and leveraging the learning for Paddy Power wherever possible – be that in terms of technology, contact strategy, content, execution etc.
Skills / Technical Competencies:
- Best practise CRM delivery in a high-volume, high-tempo ecommerce business
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritise
- Ability to balance CRM theory with pragmatic and commercially astute actions
- Big picture thinker
- Data literate and comfortable in using data to make better decisions
- Innovative and creative – able to think about new approaches to solve problems
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Strong people manager
- Customer centric
- We are looking for a proven CRM practitioner with demonstrable track record in shaping and delivering a brand’s CRM strategy.
- Extensive experience of creating and executing integrated CRM strategies that provide a best in class customer experience and drive improved commercial performance
- Recruiting and developing high-performance teams
- Experience of managing multi products
- Ability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced, demanding environment.
- Talent Focused: Demonstrates a strong commitment to the development of talent at PPB; invests time to coach and mentor others; builds and proactively manages development; identifies and takes proactive steps to resolve current and future gaps in PPB’s talent pool and succession plan; is a talent magnet, capable of identifying, attracting, selecting and developing top talent including and not shying away from talent that goes beyond their own capabilities; finds and attracts diverse talent who have the critical capabilities needed by the organisation; works to create an organisation that is an attractive place to work
- Hungry for Results: Drives team to achieve and exceed results with agility, pace and energy through high impact, bold and challenging objectives; always takes accountability for results and is able to cut across silos to make the right decisions that they and others can be proud of; proactively addresses obstacles to organisational performance and motivates others to achieve even in difficult situations; has a strong reputation with stakeholders for being trusted, fair and for doing what’s right
- Commercially Savvy: Makes it their business to be aware and anticipate emerging external factors and changing market dynamics; constantly explores and analyses future scenarios and possibilities to help PPB respond to change and shape the future; has deep understanding of business drivers and the industry to guide decisions and lead others.
- Wins Together: Gains trust and support of others, generous with time, advice and knowledge; able to establish and engage networks to get stuff done rather than depend on authority; seeks out opportunities to break down barriers and collaborate and partner across organisational boundaries.
- Resilient: Creates a climate where people are curious, resilient, determined, learn and adapt; handles and manages crises effectively; anticipates and shows the way forward during setbacks; builds energy in others to stick with it/ to stay on track / push through.
- Big Thinker: Constantly explores and analyses future scenarios and possibilities to help PPB respond to change and shape the future; drives self and others to pursue opportunities that will create sustainable value for PPB; contributes to the functional and the Paddy Power Betfair strategy, mapping and aligning efforts to strategic imperatives