Paddy Power Betfair (PPB) require a Fraud Operations Team Leader in our Dublin office, to help lead the dual brand activities of our Fraud Operations team, which positions PPB as a market leader in the online & security space.
This role will report directly to the Fraud Operations Manager in Dublin, and work closely with the Fraud Management Team and Fraud Team Leaders in Dublin and Malta, who will have collective cross locational responsibility for staff in both locations. The successful candidate will be expected to drive performance within the team by setting and challenging processes and performance, and encouraging strong collaboration within the team across locations.
The Fraud Operations Team Leader will have strong subject matter expertise in the area of Fraud and Customer Verification, have the customer at the heart of all that they do and be passionate about driving efficiency and innovation, stretching the function to be best in class amongst our competitors.
- Responsibility shared with our Fraud Operations Team Leaders in Dublin and Malta for the successful operation of the Fraud Operations team in both offices, including the management of our chargeback, fraud and customer verification risks.
- Manage and motivate to enhance the daily performance of the wider team, in order to achieve/exceed business targets, whilst maintaining excellent customer outcomes.
- Accountable for the monitoring, delivery and reporting of KPIs across both Fraud and Customer verification to maximise team performance and effectiveness.
- Organisation and resolution of escalations from Customer Services and the wider business.
- To assist the Fraud Agents and Fraud Analysts with complex issues or situations.
- Achievement of the Fraud Operations Budget, including monitoring and identification of changes that may require a movement of targets.
- Use of our analytical capabilities to allow for the resolution of operational issues and suggested modifications to achieve our KPIs.
- Working closely with the Fraud Operations Managers in Dublin and Malta, as well as peers in the Fraud Innovation team, to ensure the successful implementation and execution of the Fraud and Customer Verification strategy for the PPB Fraud team.
- Manage the implementation of new process and product releases to ensure team operational readiness.
- Collaborate with the Fraud Innovation management team, to engage with key stakeholders both internal and external to the business to minimise fraud losses within the business’s risk appetite whilst maintaining excellent customer service.
- Support the harmonisation of the processes of both the former Paddy Power and Betfair Fraud teams, to take advantage of best-in-class approaches and technology.
- Assist the Fraud Management team in evaluating new technologies and threats, making recommendations to mitigate fraud losses as well as helping identify and evaluate new tools and solutions.
- Identify at least one strong successor and develop this individual’s skills via coaching and expansions of experience and responsibility
- Support ongoing Training & Staff development. Identify high performers and work with them to achieve their goals, including internal moves/promotions. Identify underperformers and work on PDP plans to get them back on track, and identify others that need to stretch their abilities. Be accountable for fostering a culture of respect, change and learning amongst the teams.
- Ensure the delivery of agreed annual efficiency and service level targets.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
The successful candidate is likely to possess:
- Commercially Savvy: Keeps up to date with current and future trends and business developments; uses this knowledge to shape and guide decisions and actions to positively impact business drivers; provides insight on the business and industry, exploring and discussing the potential implications of change
- Hungry for Results: Drives self and others to excel and raise the bar on performance; maintains a high level of personal and collective energy to achieve results that are aligned and contribute to functional performance and strategy, consistently delivers exceptional results and is undeterred by challenging circumstances
- Passionate about Punters: Builds and maintains effective working relationships with customers; gains insight and stays attuned to current and emerging customer needs; uses customer insights to build and identify creative and improved solutions; holds self and others accountable for delivering services that exceed customer expectations
- Big Thinker: Balances strategic objectives with day to day activities; drives efforts and initiatives which will have the greatest strategic impact; considers and explores scenarios and possibilities to help the team and/or organisation prepare and succeed in the future
- Grows Talent: Places a high priority on the development of others and continuous learning; provides constructive feedback and real time coaching to support others development; recommends and facilitates activities and assignments that support others development; where relevant identifies successors and ensures they are ready for key roles
Essential Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of fraud management ideally in a gaming, financial service or insurance environment.
- Strong understanding of the drivers of security and fraud within an online business.
- A leader who can demonstrate their ability to motivate staff and to strike the correct balance between the provision of excellent customer service and fraud containment.
- Highly developed communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with the wider business.
- Numerate with an analytical mind.
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders in pressure situations to deliver results to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience of driving efficiency (including cost, use of technology, etc.) whilst delivering a “best in class” customer experience
- Powerful influencing and problem-solving skills with proven track record.
- Strong commercial acumen with a history of adding value across the wider business and a track record of developing flexible solutions in fraud and risk to changing business needs.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- 2+ years Fraud Operations/Risk experience in a Fraud or Security Ecommerce role
- A full understanding of key legislation, regulatory bodies and best practice deployed within the Fraud specialism.
- Working knowledge of Paddy Power Betfair suite of products.
- Project management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business or technology discipline.