Job Title: (Senior) International Paid Search Manager
Reporting Line: This role reports to the Head of Search
Job Location/Office: Dublin or Hammersmith
The International Paid Search Manager will be responsible for driving team performance while managing, optimising and reporting on PPC campaigns for the Betfair brand, products and regions. You will play a pivotal role in advancing the Search function within Paddy Power Betfair leading on automation, scale and efficiency across our campaigns.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- You will oversee the execution and optimisation of Paid Search Campaigns (Google, Bing & Apple) with fluid budget and aggressive payback targets
- In this role, you will be managing the International PPC team and ensuring campaigns are delivered against agreed requirements, KPIs & targets across all products.
- You will be responsible for reporting, analysing & interpreting data to understand performance, what is impacting performance & what we can do to influence it.
- You will play a major part in optimising performance by identifying, implementing & testing opportunities.
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring, developing, and evaluating team members
- You will work closely with the Search developer to advance campaigns and drive search automation initiatives across all key markets and products
- Campaign planning, creation & implementation.
- Day to day account maintenance & optimisation.
- You will be working with & influencing stakeholders.
- Collaborating within team to optimise for the group.
- Optimising processes.
- Keeping up to date with industry knowledge, developments, tactics & strategies.
- Talent Focused: Demonstrates a strong commitment to the development of talent at PPB; invests time to coach and mentor others; builds and proactively manages development; identifies and takes proactive steps to resolve current and future gaps in PPB’s talent pool and succession plan; is a talent magnet, capable of identifying, attracting, selecting and developing top talent including and not shying away from talent that goes beyond their own capabilities; finds and attracts diverse talent who have the critical capabilities needed by the organisation; works to create an organisation that is an attractive place to work
- Hungry for Results: Drives team to achieve and exceed results with agility, pace and energy through high impact, bold and challenging objectives; always takes accountability for results and is able to cut across silos to make the right decisions that they and others can be proud of; proactively addresses obstacles to organisational performance and motivates others to achieve even in difficult situations; has a strong reputation with stakeholders for being trusted, fair and for doing what’s right
- Commercially Savvy: Makes it their business to be aware and anticipate emerging external factors and changing market dynamics; constantly explores and analyses future scenarios and possibilities to help PPB respond to change and shape the future; has deep understanding of business drivers and the industry to guide decisions and lead others.
- Wins Together: Gains trust and support of others, generous with time, advice and knowledge; able to establish and engage networks to get stuff done rather than depend on authority; seeks out opportunities to break down barriers and collaborate and partner across organisational boundaries.
- Resilient: Creates a climate where people are curious, resilient, determined, learn and adapt; handles and manages crises effectively; anticipates and shows the way forward during setbacks; builds energy in others to stick with it/ to stay on track / push through.
- Big Thinker: Constantly explores and analyses future scenarios and possibilities to help PPB respond to change and shape the future; drives self and others to pursue opportunities that will create sustainable value for PPB; contributes to the functional and the Paddy Power Betfair strategy, mapping and aligning efforts to strategic imperatives
- Seeks opportunities: Comes up with new ideas, looks at problems differently, can put creative ideas into practice, learns quickly in new situations and turns failures into learnings whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Great Communicator: Effective communication in a variety of settings – especially when customer-facing. Listens to others – being open to their opinions and demonstrating humility.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years in a PPC Role
- Experience managing a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – fluency in English
- Strong academic background, to degree level or above.
- Motivated, enthusiastic and focused on a career in marketing.
- Knowledge of the digital marketing industry & in particular the search engine marketing industry.
- Team player with personal characteristics that engender trust and confidence.
- Ability to work independently, in a team & to take on responsibility for own projects.
- Collaborates across the organisation to get things done.
- Communicates effectively.
- Understands the business and makes good commercial decisions.
- Analytical and results-driven.
- Time management, organisation & prioritisation.
- Attention to detail.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel.
- Experience managing PPC campaigns on Google Adwords and Bing
- Fluent in Spanish or another language
- Google Adwords qualifications.
- Automation & scripting experience
- Doubleclick Search experience
- Experience using Google Analytics.
- Google Analytics qualifications.
- Basic knowledge of coding.
- Project management.