*** This role is based out of our Dublin office location only***
The Telecoms and AV team are responsible for the infrastructure that supports all aspects of unified communications for Paddy Power Betfair. The team support all locations in Europe including the five major sites which are Dublin, London, Cluj, Malta and Porto. The team support all TV infrastructure, the Video Conferencing estate, Telecoms Carrier management and Skype for Business. Team members are based in London and Dublin and although this role is primarily based in Dublin some travel will be required to other locations.
As an engineer with the Telecoms and AV team you will be managing the day to day support and maintenance of the infrastructure including administration, design and supplier management.
The role is for a mid-level engineer with previous experience in AV installation and maintenance. There is a diverse set of skills required to be a fully functioning member of the team so there is an opportunity to grow your skills to include the areas that are required including Skype for Business support, Telecoms administration and carrier management.
- Providing proactive technical support for all our telecoms & AV systems
- Ensuring services are highly available and secure by proactively conducting performance analysis, monitoring, capacity planning, security enforcement and disaster recovery
- Working to a high standard of service management, with an emphasis on customer service, documentation & availability
- Proactively maintaining the infrastructure to prevent failures/issues and improve performance, availability and resilience.
- Liaising closely with other groups to ensure smooth transition into support for new services
- Support team members and mentor junior team members across all technologies
- Capable of providing 24×7 on-call support as appropriate to role.
- A good understanding of telecoms systems – Avaya, NICE, Lync, Clarity Connect, Non-Geo numbers, DDI numbers
- A good understanding of the Cisco VC infrastructure – Codian, Movi, VCS, TMS, VCSE
- Cisco VC Endpoints support
- Digital signage (e.g Cabletime / Mediastar)
- Experience in supporting Video and Audio conferencing systems
- Experiencing with conference rooms setups and displays as well as video walls
- Keen and active interest in technology trends and the impact of new/disruptive technologies, determining how best to exploit these to the advantage of PPB
- Understand the major vendor relationships and licencing implications
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work to exacting deadlines
- Flexibility and adaptable in their approach to customer and business needs
- Taking ownership of issues through to resolution demonstrating a positive, can do, proactive approach to issue resolution
- Desire to learn about new products and keep abreast of new product developments
Flexible Working Options:
1/ Working from Home
2/ Flexible Hours