The commercial performance analyst will be responsible for tracking and interpreting the marketing performance of the Betfair Gaming business. The successful candidate will play a central role in influencing our Acquisition and Bonusing strategy across BF Gaming through insights to drive performance. Reporting into the Senior Performance Manager, they will own key stakeholder relationships, especially in Marketing, and will have significant exposure to senior management within Gaming and in the wider business.
- Developing recommendations and methodologies to help both the Acquisition team and the Gaming business to capture the most critical, actionable data to achieve commercial objectives.
- Succinctly describe Acquisition, Retention and Bonus (inc. Jackpots) performance and quickly identify opportunities and concerns; communicating these to relevant stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Identifying and tracking key success drivers – our ‘leading indicators of success’.
- Draft performance reports and presentations to be shared with senior management on a regular basis.
- Driving regular reviews and analytics of the performance of the areas providing strategic insights and timely updates to management for actioning, including (but not limited to):
- The identification and recommendation of optimisation opportunities within acquisition and bonusing performance.
- Identify trends, providing effective solutions and advice to P&L owners on how to maximise spend efficiency.
- Track performance to ensure targets are met and decisions can be made on a timely basis.
The successful candidate is likely to possess:
- Strategic Mindset: takes a long term view and anticipates future trends and implications
- Business Insights: has a nose for business, uses insights to impact commercial drivers.
- Drives Results: gets stuck in and achieves results that impact the bottom line with high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Collaborates: is a team player – works with others across the organisation to get things done
- Customer focus: Thinks about customers 24/7, and puts them at the heart of all that we do
- Proven track record in analysing marketing and customer performance
- Solid understanding of data and analytical technical infrastructure
- Naturally inquisitive mind-set: wants to understand behaviour, look for patterns, find great things
- Competence in SQL is a distinct advantage, but not a necessity.
- Strong data manipulation skills in Excel or other data tools with a special emphasis on producing output appropriate to the audience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong analytical background; high numerical aptitude is required
- Understanding of the interaction between operational and commercial KPIs in an online business. How customers behave and how this impacts activity and profitability.
- Have a track record of producing or interpreting insights that influence senior decision makers and other stake holders
- Experience in quickly reacting to business under-performance, working with multiple stakeholders to collate an appropriate response
- An understanding of marketing processes and operations would be an advantage but not essential.
- Team player with personal characteristics that engender trust and confidence