Role: Racing Engagement Coordinator – Part Time
Location: Pontefract (Based within 50 miles)
In February 2016, Paddy Power and Betfair merged to form one of the largest online betting operators in the world: Paddy Power Betfair plc. The merger propelled the enlarged group into the FTSE 50.
The Paddy Power brand boasts an international multi-channel betting and gaming group. The Paddy Power brand is widely seen as one of the most distinctive consumer brands in Europe. The Betfair brand is famous for Innovation. Betfair pioneered the betting exchange in 2000 – a product which altered the landscape of the sports betting industry.
Today, Paddy Power Betfair is a force to be reckoned with. We have a market-leading presence in the UK, Ireland, Australia and the USA, as well as a range of B2C and B2B operations across Europe.
The Racing Engagement team will be responsible for being the face of Paddy Power Betfair on every UK Racecourse. The Coordinator role will ensure collection and delivery of real time data is communicated to Exchange and Sportsbook Trading and Social Platforms to provide operational excellence and an industry leading social customer experience. You will be presentable and approachable to customers on course striving to act upon specific issues in order to improve our resolution SLA’s.
- Attendance at designated racecourse 1 hour before Racing is due to begin.
- Be the on course face of Paddy Power Betfair ensuring you are presentable and approachable to assist PPB customers with relevant queries or questions relating to company products following a procedure of escalation through relevant communication channels looking to directly follow up and resolve with customers.
- Provide engaging and creative content directly from the racecourse to delivery on web and social channels which serve to inform our customer base of updates before competitors.
- Deliver regular updates of race information such as non-runners, going changes, race time changes and jockey changes to Social Media platforms & Exchange and Sportsbook Trading teams to ensure the department executes operational excellence.
- Driving Results: A highly motivated, self-starter, who pursues work at pace, has a track record of exceeding goals and constantly seeks realistic opportunities to improve current performance.
- Team Player: Works co-operatively with others, being respectful to others whilst representing your own interests and is able to change communication styles to meet the needs of various audiences.
- Customer Centric: Understands the drivers and needs of our customers, establishes and maintains effective customer relationships and always meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Seeks opportunities: Comes up with new ideas, looks at problems differently, can put creative ideas into practice, learns quickly in new situations and turns failures into learnings whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Great Communicator: Effective communication in a variety of settings – especially when customer-facing. Listens to others – being open to their opinions and demonstrating humility.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Full clean UK Driving Licence required
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Horse Racing
- Experience in content and social creation preferred
- Good knowledge of the betting industry
- Customer service experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Other relevant information
- Weekend and Bank Holiday shift work is required
- Personal car use required (Car allowance provided monthly)
- Distance driving and occasional overnight stay may be required
- Un-capped leave, subject to Company T/C’s