Senior Business Analyst – Operational Excellence
Operational Excellence is tasked with enabling and driving the realisation of objectives shared by Customer Operations through innovation, direction and expertise in Process and Project. Operational Excellence is also responsible for the management of relationships outside of Customer Operations to ensure effective delivery of development projects.
Purpose of the Role
Responsible for the delivery of key, large, prioritised projects, programmes and processes as defined by the Customer Operations business teams to achieve continuous improvement, make efficiencies and introduce new functionality.
- Document business objectives to clearly define scope and benefits for projects
- Document and analyse business process flows so that robust To Be processes can be defined and implemented
- Drive value add activities in process improvement and project delivery, ensuring that the added value is calculated accurately and reported accordingly
- Communicate effectively to all stakeholders, including senior leaders within the business, to ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities and to ensure tasks are completed as required
- Manage the relationships with development teams on behalf of the business in order to ensure consistency of approach and clarity of delivery
- Manage and co-ordinate business owned tasks to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Co-ordinate User Acceptance Testing to ensure the end to end To Be process is fully tested before going live
- Creation of actionable project plans / roadmaps for project area of focus.
- Co-ordinate Go Live with the respective development, IT and business teams to ensure projects go live seamlessly
- Manage and develop direct reports, assign workloads and coach staff
- Business Insights, has a nose for business, uses insights to impact commercial drivers. Is competitive
- Ownership – owns projects and problems and is passionate about ensuring their successful and timely delivery / resolution.
- Leadership – regularly leads multi functional teams through the resolution of complex problems and project blockers.
- Collaborates, is a team player – works with others across the organisation to get things done
- Decision Quality, makes quality, long and short term decisions considering various inputs
- Communicates Effectively, develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Nimble Learning, is agile and flexible. Learns quickly when faced with new situations
- Process Design
- Project Management
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Business Analysis
- Stakeholder Management
- Document writing
- Communicating and Influencing
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- 5 years in a Business Analyst or project delivery role essential
- Relevant degree qualification desirable
- Formalised training in Business Analysis/Project Management or Lean Six Sigma qualification desirable
- eCommerce industry knowledge a plus
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Visio would be a distinct advantage
There will be a requirement to travel as part of this role.