Position: Paddy Power Brand Manager
Department: Paddy Power Brand Marketing
Reporting Relationship: Campaign Manager
Location: UK or Ireland (with travel every month)
Purpose of the role
To develop and deliver world class marketing and communication plans for Paddy Power Sportsbook and Gaming that maximise business impact, are recognised industry wide, and further enhance Paddy Power’s brand fame.
Owning and executing the weekly marketing plan
- Co-ordinating the weekly campaigns plan for Sportsbook and Gaming with flawless execution;
- Land truly TTL communication plans that are executed in every marketing channel, from TV to mobile banners, radio to You Tube.
- Aligning messaging and creative with the respective commercial teams.
- Briefing, managing and approving all weekly TV adapts.
- Briefing, managing and approving weekly radio adverts and monthly sponsorship credits
- Owning execution of press plan; all Racing Post and national press adverts and managing relationship with internal Studio team.
- Brief, manage and approve the weekly digital plans, working closely with the digital team to fully understand all digital channels and needs.
- Analyse the customer journey across our marketing assets (bought and owned) to optimise to ensure a logical messaging track and consistent creative displaying the right message at the right time in the right location.
Developing football marketing strategy
- Lead content on all things football coordinating across all business channels to align messaging and ensure activation is true to the business objectives.
- Work with Marketing Manager and Head of Brand to brief and develop world class football creative with the advertising agency, to connect with a mass market audience.
Activating TalkSport Drive Time sponsorship & Totally Football Show Podcast sponsorship
- Develop a weekly activation schedule to optimise TalkSport Drive Time radio sponsorship:
- Shape daily messaging for the PR representative who is on the show.
- Minimum one weekly idea / competition that the show’s presenters can discuss on air.
- Develop one major activation idea per quarter that will be a regular feature on the show.
- Main point of contact for Totally Football Show podcast sponsorship, aligning content with the football strategy.
- To be all over the latest sports news and continually be looking out for stories that the brand can find tactical opportunities to activate from and entertain our punters.
- Working closely with the wider brand marketing to land one tactical activation per month.
Expert on the competition
- Become the expert on the local market and competitor offerings and marketing campaigns for Sportsbook and Gaming.
- Develop the process for reporting competitor activity and managing Brand Marketing Grad to deliver weekly tracking of ATL assets sending out to all key stakeholders.
- Creation of a competitor wall in Hammersmith office to give a visual representation of the activity.
- Build a complete understanding of advertising law, in order to ensure that we remain compliant across all touch points.
- Work with Sportsbook to make sure that offer T&Cs are correctly replicated across all channels.
Passion for sport: The successful candidate will have a strong passion and understanding of sport, especially football, and will be willing to immerse themselves in the day to day news and stories surrounding sport.
Creative and Innovative: A creative thinker with the ability to develop and lead game-changing marketing plans is critical. The Brand Manager will be responsible for briefing, judging and leading creative ideas and campaigns; at challenging the status-quo and leading new creative thinking across the business.
Eye for executional detail: This individual will have a track record of executing with excellence, being able to prioritise key tasks, plan ahead and work to tight delivery deadlines whilst executing every project with excellence.
Collaboration: The individual will have proven collaboration skills, able to build strong relationships with numerous areas of the business whilst also ensuring a top quality end result is achieved.
Effective Communicator: Models effective communication; provides timely and helpful information to others across the organisation putting others needs before their own and promotes effective communication; flexes communication style to meet the needs of various audiences.
Resilient: Demonstrates a bias for action when faced with tough challenges; is confident under pressure; maintains a positive attitude despite adversity; grows from hardships and negative experiences; manages crises and high pressure situations effectively; bounces back quickly from setbacks.
Nimble: Learns quickly when faced with new, unfamiliar and changing situations; models and encourages experimentation and agility when faced with unknown scenarios; is transparent about failure and views mistakes as opportunities to learn.