Job Title: VIP Business Development Executive, Sports
Reporting Line: VIP Team manager
Job Location: Malta
Purpose of role:
Reporting to the VIP Team Manager, the VIP Business Development Manager is responsible for converting potential VIPs into retained VIPs, reactivating commercially lapsed VIPs and acquiring new VIPs.
This role requires the ability to swiftly build relationships and trust resulting in a strong commercial relationship with longevity.
The role requires the drive to seek out new opportunities and regular pipeline reporting relating to acquisition activities and network building. Involvement in the active management of existing clients to expand market opportunities and gain share of wallet will be required.
Ongoing management of potential VIP clients and new business leads will often require resilience and the ability to persevere. This will require a high level of prioritisation and workload planning to be successful.
- Drive revenue to achieve stretching targets through converting potential VIPs into long standing clients, the reactivation of lapsed VIPs and the acquisition of new VIPs.
- Regular informed reporting of pipeline, future opportunities and actionable feedback regarding client experience
- Manage the smooth transition process of VIP clients to relevant Relationship Manager once retained
- Contribute to strategic and commercial evaluation of service, product and pricing developments
- Work closely with commercial stakeholders to help develop and improve our VIP business
- Strong understanding of the VIP Gambling Industry marketplace and the opportunity to acquire market share
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to compliance and a comprehensive understanding of the gambling regulatory environment
- Develop relationships with VIPs early in the lifecycle to facilitate AML, RG and SR processes as appropriate.
Essential Skills & Experience
- COMPREHENSIVE UNDERSTANDING OF THE SPORTS BETTING INDUSTRY – Ideally, you know the industry very well and have a keen interest in Sports
- PROVEN DEAL MAKING EXPERIENCE: Track record of success in business development and successfully closing deals. A track record in sales and delivering against ambitious sales targets
- AUTONOMOUS & PROACTIVE – proven ability to self-start managing diary to maximise opportunities and multiple pipeline partners.
- DIGITAL EXPERIENCE – Most likely will have worked in a digital/online/multi-channel company with a similar pace, business model and key levers.
- STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS – Experience in communicating across wide forums. Ensure teams and stakeholders are regularly informed through bespoke updates
- INFLUENCING SKILLS – Highly developed customer management skills; able to collaborate well. Develops strong relationships and builds personal trust.
- FLEXIBLE AND RESILIENT – Availability to VIP clients and able to adapt to their requirements
- JUDGEMENT UNDER PRESSURE – Ability to assess and make the correct decisions in live situations
- CULTURE FIT – Can operate at pace, has high self-awareness, is ambitious, of low ego, transparent, entrepreneurial, operates with high integrity, is accountable and results-focused