The team is a fast paced, data driven and customer facing team within Betfair that are primarily responsible for the sophisticated customer base. The team expectation is to relentlessly hunt out growth opportunities from our customer cohort that drive both short term and long term improvements to our revenue and the exchange eco system. The team works closely with the regional commercial teams along with product, technology, trading and customer services.
The Pricing Analyst is part of the Exchange Business and Pricing team and will be a key analyst within that function. The role is responsible for the pricing on the Betfair Exchange. This includes implementing and analysing the strategy for the future of pricing structures and critically evaluating what is already in existence. This role will work to implement and measure both the macro and micro strategies for Pricing on the Exchange to maximise revenue and increase customer retention and acquisition.
This role will be based in Hammersmith.
- Implement Betfair Exchange pricing, working with the other teams to understand any interaction with the sports risk elements.
- Assist the Pricing Manager in evaluating and understanding all existing pricing structures on the Betfair exchange and those of our competitors.
- Assist the Premium account managers to understand our wallet share and their challenges with our pricing structure. Work together to enable growth from this customers with the correct structure implemented.
- Solve pricing queries from both internal teams and external customers.
- Analyse and make recommendations for pricing deals, commission rates, and other charges levied against our most important customers.
- Identify and implement changes that provide for greater working relationships through closer collaboration with the Account Management team.
- Work with other internal teams (e.g., technical delivery, infrastructure, product, operations, and business development) so that issues/requests are escalated and resolved effectively.
- Analytical – Accurate and precise in depth analysis
- Can take large data sets and translate the results
- Can accurately brief analysts to derive the data required
- Can not only find the why but the what within the data.
- Smart Thinker – Promotes creativity and innovation
- Comes up with ideas that are new, better or unique
- Can take a business concept or idea and put it into practice
- Good technical understanding and the ability to demonstrate successful resolution of technical based operational matters.
- Customer focus – Thinks about customers and puts them at the heart of all that we do
- Gains insight into customer needs and behaviour
- Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer
- Ensures opportunities that benefit customers are addressed
- Drives results – Gets stuck in and achieves results with high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Driven for results and is action oriented in approach
- Strong self-starter who can utilise their own enthusiasm and intellectual energy to quickly engage and influence
- Pursues work with energy and drive
- Collaborates – Is a team player
- Partners with others across the organisation to get work done
- Gains trust and support of others
- Decision quality – Makes quality long and short term decisions
- Relies on mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement when making decisions
- Recognises when a quick 80% solution will suffice
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Good quality university degree
- Strong analytical background; high numerical aptitude is required along with the ability to produce basic SQL.
- Understanding of the interaction between operational and commercial KPIs in an online business:
- How customers behave and how this impacts activity and profitability
- How to optimise resources in order to positively impact customer behaviour
- Skilled at assimilating numerous sources of information to make or change decisions
- Ability to prioritise and focus on what really matters
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business
- Team player with personal characteristics that engender trust and confidence Experience in line management of a team including successful coaching and development of people