Position name: Senior Financial Reporting Manager
Reporting to: Director of Group Accounting & Reporting
Department: Group Finance
Context & Purpose of the Role
The Senior Financial Reporting Manager plays a key role in the delivery of financial & statutory reporting across the Paddy Power Betfair Group. This important role manages the delivery of financial information across the group and communicates the consolidated position to ExCo and the Board as well as externally. The accounting teams in Sofia & Porto also reports into this position. This role provides direction to all finance teams across the PPB group, particularly in the area of technical accounting, but also other group accounting matters.
This key position will manage and direct all financial reporting activities which ultimately deliver Group statutory, external for Paddy Power Betfair plc in accordance with strict deadlines and best practice, closely monitoring developments in International Accounting Standards.
The position provides oversight and review of accounting/reporting across all jurisdictions in which the Group operates and also provides essential Finance expertise and ongoing support to the business on the accounting implications of new business initiatives, including M&A support on essential projections and documents, such as prospectus and circular deliverables.
Proven experience of managing a similar profile team in a plc / multinational environment is a pre-requisite for the role. Excellent technical accounting (IFRS), analytical and reporting experience are essential. In addition, candidates should be able to demonstrate commercial acumen and solid experience of building and maintaining strong and productive working relationships with a broad range of demanding business customers and across the wider Finance community.
These elements will be combined with a proven ability to deliver results, with and through colleagues and peers, both cross functionally and cross jurisdictionally.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Leadership & Team management
- Display exemplary leadership qualities consistently amongst the wider Finance team and across the organisation
- Develop close working relationships with senior finance management in material Australian and US subsidiaries
- Lead and develop team members proactively and continuously – nourishing a high performance culture while ensuring adequate team cover/expertise is available through effective and regular cross training
Group Accounting, Financial Reporting & Business Support
- Production of Annual and Interim published financial reports in accordance with IFRS in association with other key finance personnel, meeting demanding Stock Exchange and Combined Code requirements
- Consolidation of the Paddy Power Betfair Group financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for Paddy Power Betfair plc and its subsidiaries to tight deadlines in accordance with IFRS and FRS 101
- Take complete ownership of all consolidation and financial reporting aspects of Australian and US subsidiaries building a strong relationship with Australian and US Finance teams, to ensure reporting requirements are coordinated and deadlines achieved
- Proactive identification of / research of technical accounting issues which impact the Group
- Support work on the Group corporate structure, working closely with Group Tax.
- Coordination of all intercompany accounting/reconciliation requirements ensuring that management agreements are fully maintained and managed
- Responsible for statutory management charges across the Paddy Power Betfair Group
- Development and maintenance of the Group General Ledger and the Group Chart of Accounts to ensure that they continually evolve to meet business needs
- Proactively identify improvements to existing processes or new processes to add value to reporting output
Key Skills & Experience:
- Qualified (‘Big 4’) accountant with 5+ years’ experience, with strong academic credentials (e.g. honours degree) operating at a similar level in industry or financial services, preferably gained in a plc / multi-national environment
- Excellent IFRS financial accounting experience with a solid understanding of relevant technical accounting issues
- Proven experience of developing and implementing reporting & operating process improvements in a Finance environment
- Solid experience of managing teams
- Experience of a plc environment and Oracle financial systems would all be desirable.
- A motivational leader and team builder, with a hands-on approach to management
- Strong process, technical and analytical skills, combined with strong commercial acumen
- A keen strategic thinker with the ability to set objectives and priorities
- Strong presentation and communication skills: the ability to accurately and pithily identify key issues and communicate them broadly
- High energy and drive, and flexible enough to work in an entrepreneurial, dynamic and changing environment and the resilience to challenge/be challenged
- The potential to take on increasingly senior roles within Paddy Power Betfair
- Assertive and confident, operating credibly with