Job Title: Head of HSQA
To lead the business strategy and approach to occupational health and safety compliance. To manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety within PPB are adhered to.
- Lead on development of the global H&S management system approach for PPB.
- Develop, review and implement H&S policies/procedures for corporate and retail businesses across all regions.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas and regions pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Advise on competence requirements and design, procure and implement training as required.
- Advise business unit leadership on their statutory obligations and assist them with meeting them where relevant.
- Oversee the end-to-end risk assessment process for the business, primarily the Retail establishments.
- Oversee/complete accident/incident investigations and ensure recommended improvements implemented.
- Manage the HSQA team and function throughout the business (4 heads – 2 management, 2 administrators).
- Coaching and liaison with local H&S contacts around the business to implement policies/procedures and approaches within their regions.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Chair/attend/advise H&S committees and steering groups around the business as required.
- Participate in business meetings to report on relevant health & safety matters.
- Act as lead liaison with H&S enforcement authorities in all regions on matters of regulatory enforcement.
- Liaise with suppliers i.e. Insurers, solicitors etc.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
- Significant experience in multi-site corporate and/or retail H&S management at management or leadership level.
- Senior qualification in H&S (e.g. NEBOSH Diploma or similar) and reflective grade membership of OHS body (e.g. GradIOSH/MIIRSM or similar).
- Demonstrable ability to deliver business cases for continuous improvement to senior leaders.
- Understanding of commercial mindset when approaching H&S management and best practice.
- Demonstrable solution focused approach to H&S management within a wider-risk management mindset.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work in, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work co-operatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvements.