This is a 12 month FTC for the role of Group Director of Internal Audit. The Group Director of Internal Audit is responsible for developing and managing the Internal Audit function in providing independent and objective assurance that the key risks to the Group are appropriately identified and managed and that key controls are operating as expected. The role involves a high level of Executive and Audit Committee interaction. The team that you will manage consist of high performing business and IT auditors. A key aspect of the role will be to lead in the strategic development of the function, particularly with respect to embedding increased use of data analytics throughout the audit process.
This is what you’ll be doing:
Audit Plan Delivery
- You will provide assurance to the Audit Committee, senior leadership team and business stakeholders, through delivery of the annual audit plan, on the effectiveness of control, governance and risk management process. The audit plan is a mix of commercial, compliance, financial and IT audits – strongly linked to the key risks and strategy of the organisation.
- You will report the results of audit reviews, including management responses and proposed action plans to address issues arising, to the CFO and CEO directly.
- In terms of the audit process, you will ensure application of a risk-based approach to the review of the systems and controls of PPB, consistent with the Internal Audit Manual.
- You will use your experience and commercial acumen to ensure key risks are considered in all audits and appropriate testing is designed and delivered.
- You will discuss the findings of audit reviews with PPB leaders on a constructive basis in order to develop the most appropriate, proportionate solutions to issues arising.
- You will ensure appropriate follow-up work is performed to ensure management progress actions within the agreed time scales and escalate failure to progress actions as appropriate.
- As required, you will perform ad hoc investigations and reviews as deemed appropriate by the Audit Committee.
- In mid- 2019, you will lead a review of the remainder of the 2019 Audit Plan to ensure it remains appropriate, proposing and agreeing amendments with management and the Audit Committee where necessary.
- You will lead the process to develop a targeted, balanced, risk-based 2020 Internal Audit Plan for the PPB Group.
- You will have ultimate responsibility for preparation and presentation of Internal Audit papers at all Audit Committee meetings (6/7 per year).
- You will meet with the Chairman of the Audit Committee on a frequent basis to keep them up to date on the findings of the function and to provide your opinion on key risk areas.
- You will be responsible for annually reporting to the Audit Committee on the effectiveness of PPB’s risk management and internal control system.
- You will oversee the delivery of a Data Strategy for the Internal Audit function. Once established, you will ensure the delivery of an appropriate implementation plan of the associated project and monitor delivery.
Audit Quality Review
- You will support in ensuring recommendations from the recent External Quality Assessment are implemented.
- You will ensure that the annual internal quality assessment programme is untaken in late 2019.
- You will ensure resources are appropriately managed to assure on time delivery of the overall annual audit plan. This may include engaging and managing third party providers.
- You will lead and manage the Business and IT Internal Audit teams in Dublin and Australia, empowering team members and delegating tasks in a collaborative manner, motivating and coaching them to allow them to grow and agreeing appropriate training programmes to support team members in progressing professionally.
- You will periodically assess the resource requirements for the team, particularly in light of any major business changes.
- You will keep up to date on industry changes and new developments within the business itself, ensuring best practise, identified trends, and solutions are shared across the team.
- Business insights – Able to quickly gain an understanding of the different businesses and technology within the PPB Group, keep up to date with developments in the Group and the wider industry and assesses their impact on Internal Audit and their planned programme of work. Uses general business knowledge and commercial acumen to suggest value added enhancements to the Groups way of working.
- Influencing and decision quality – Ability to influence decisions, perceptions and opinions at all levels. Questioning and listening skills are also crucial and will help make measured judgements in conversations and meetings. Assertiveness and the ability to challenge senior stakeholders where necessary.
- Communicates effectively – Very strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Able to formally communicate opinions and translate complex information into simple language that is appropriate to the target audience.
- Dependable – Acts with integrity and fairness and invests in building trust within the team and within the PPB Group. Able to lead the development, implementation and continuous improvement of systems, initiatives and processes. Exceptional project management, time management and organisational skills.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Previous Internal Audit experience at a leadership level highly desirable
- At least 10 years post qualification experience, including 5 at a senior level
- Professional qualified accountant ACA / ACCA etc., and University degree required
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors would be beneficial
- Industry experience would be looked upon favourably, however is not essential
Paddy Power Betfair believe our values set us apart and they are at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great benefits to tell you about;
Uncapped annual leave
Great pension/wellbeing contributions
Private healthcare coverage
End of contract bonus
Plus much more…