Role: Business Development Manager
Location: Dublin or London
The Business Development team is responsible for the strategy, commercial approach and management of Paddy Power Betfair’s B2B partnerships and the outbound provision of its Exchange, pricing and risk management and data products and services.
The Business Development Manager will play a key role in supporting the Commercial strategy of the Betfair business, specifically relating to the Exchange and distribution partners. They will work closely with the Risk and Trading, Corporate Development, International and Operational teams. He/She will be responsible for seeking new opportunities across the Exchange product vertical and contributing to the strategic direction across international regions. The candidate will contribute to the evaluation of new product areas, potential partnerships and co-ventures and the opportunity associated with third party RFPs and tenders.
- Build up and positively maintain commercial relationships with new and existing partners.
- Regular informed reporting of pipeline, future opportunities and strategic feedback regarding product proposition. Contribute to strategic and commercial evaluation of product and pricing developments.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the product features of the B2B product verticals; Exchange White Label, Pricing and Risk management, SSBTs, Exchange Pricing Data, Infogol etc.
- Work closely with colleagues in the commercial teams to help grow our B2B business, leveraging relationships into ‘greenfield’ regions and product areas such as Affiliates and eGaming.
- Conduct in-depth commercial & market-level research to inform the wider team in setting strategic priorities.
- Prepare materials, such as presentations and reports, designed to concisely update senior management on relevant areas of interest.
- Drive the commercial evaluation of new content and opportunities, based on industry and competitor analysis.
- Autonomously build up a knowledge-base of insightful data (by geography, by B2B product vertical etc.), which can later be utilised as required.
- Develop and maintain industry knowledge and market insight in order to better inform decision making.
- Some travel will be required, as the Business Development team has a global remit.
- Represent the Group at industry conferences and events, presenting an informed and professional proposition.
Essential skills & experience:
- Display excellent written and verbal communication skills, and good presentation skills.
- Display strong interpersonal and skills and sound judgement.
- Display ability to learn quickly, adapt to new scenarios and navigate fluidly developing situations with ease.
- Be highly organized, numerate & articulate, with a good ability to work under pressure.
- Time Management skills, proven ability to manage diary to maximise opportunities and multiple pipeline partners.
- Possess appropriate academic qualifications, to degree level (ideally 2:1 honours) as a minimum.
- Display experience of, and confidence with, effectively managing and developing internal and external relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Display self-motivation, resilience and ability to focus on goal attainment.
- Display strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Display strong commercial awareness and a developed understanding of the key drivers of business performance.
- Possess basic to intermediate IT competence, including in use of common Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.).
Desirable skills & experience:
- Experience working within a commercial, sporting or e-commerce environment.
- Track record of success in a commercial role and successfully negotiating deals and partnerships.
- Strong understanding of, and interest in, the sports/sports betting industry.
- Experience in dealing with contracts, ideally commercial contracts.
- Experience in account management and being the point of contact for external partners
- Experience in contributing to RFPs and tender processes
Flexible Working Options:
1/ Working from Home
2/ Flexible Hours
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: COB WEDNESDAY 10th JANUARY