JOB DESCRIPTION: Finance Manager – Corporate & Remuneration
9-12 month FTC
Being a FTSE and ISEQ listed public company can be challenging. That’s why our Finance team holds itself at the cutting edge of all the major functional disciplines, never standing still and continually innovating. Our teams are actively engaged in a diverse range of activities which include; Financial Reporting, Group Accounting, Management Accounting, FP&A, Treasury, Transaction Processing, Financial Systems & Projects, Commercial Finance & Business Partnering, Corporate Development and Investor Relations.
Imagine how being part of such a diverse yet agile team could provide you with unique opportunities to build out your skill set, and to do so all within the same organisation!
Our largest teams are located in Dublin then London, with distinct Finance teams supporting our main businesses and operating units located across three continents in the US, Europe, and Australia. This in itself creates the opportunity to move geographically within the Group or to get involved in cross-location and international assignments.
Learning is at the core of our culture. No matter how experienced you may be, our Finance team can offer you a rich environment for growth and development with an opportunity to learn from some of the best people in their fields. We support all the major accountancy bodies; ACA, ACCA, CIMA, and have successfully supported many students through their professional training qualifications. We also offer a rich curriculum of in-house and external learning which covers technical competencies and a broad range of ‘softer’ skills, such as personal impact, negotiation tactics, and building-resilience, to name just a few. This carefully crafted combination helps to create well rounded skill-sets within our team – creating the Finance professional demanded for today and for tomorrow.
Underpinned by state-of-the-art technology, for which we were the architects, engineers and implementation team, we continually drive operational improvements and efficiencies in everything we deliver – if you enjoy setting new standards in Finance then you’ve come to the right place.
Join us, and become part of a highly experienced and highly driven Finance community, with big ambition and bigger influence, operating at pace within a growing, innovative and dynamic Global Betting Group.
The finance manager will be responsible for the production and delivery of financial and management information for Paddy Power Betfair’s Corporate functions in addition to ownership of financial accounting process for all remuneration in Ireland and UK.
Additionally, this role provides finance business partnering & support to the Corporate functions including: Facilities, Finance, Legal, HR and Audit & Compliance; and is responsible for combined operational budgets of over £64m.
Financial Reporting and Accounting:
- Production of month end numbers for corporate functions and all UK&I pay related costs within Group Reporting deadlines
- Operate a robust cost accruals process to ensure that costs are correctly accrued within the time constraints of a fast-close environment
- Review all significant variances for areas of responsibility flagging key variances in advance of close
- Standardise and automate month end tasks where possible to improve month end time lines
- Completion and approval of relevant balance sheet reconciliations ensuring reconciling differences are properly followed up and completed by the team.
- Continuously review processes and procedures in light of changes in systems and in requirements of the business
- Support Ad hoc information requests from business owners and senior management.
- Work collaboratively with related finance teams to achieve wider finance/organisational goals.
- Timely completion of assigned taxation and statutory reporting obligations.
- Engage with internal and external audits to ensure all queries are dealt with in a professional manner.
- Support the Financial Controller, and where bandwidth exists, assist on other Group Finance Operations responsibilities and projects.
Finance Business Partnership:
- Act as a main Finance contact for the Corporate budget holders and their teams, reporting on & providing insight into the current & future drivers of cost, and working closely with them on all initiatives affecting on-going efficiencies and cost performance.
- Act as a primary contact for Corporate with the Group finance team, to ensure correct cost recognition on the P&L and balance sheet, in line with group policies.
- Develop a strong operational understanding of these functions, including how the organisations are structured, their activities, and the types of costs that make up each cost base, in order to provide valuable commentary to business and finance stakeholders, as well as contribute to & influence decision making.
- Maintain the focus on cost control: by ensuring appropriate control & review is maintained through purchasing and headcount approvals, as well as creating visibility through insightful reporting & commentary to budget holders to enable control of spend.
- Ensure delivery of accurate, complete and timely monthly management accounts, with detailed tracking of accrual and pre-payment balances.
- Ensure delivery of detailed annual budgets and quarterly forecasting to produce a clear forward view of costs and the headcount driving them.
- Provide finance support to the business.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified accountant with 3+ years working in a similar environment with a proven track record in financial reporting/analysis
- Keen attention to detail & drive to improve quality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to challenge stakeholders & performance manage direct reports
- Ability to explain financial concepts to non-financial staff in a confident and professional manner
- Ability to communicate complex information in succinct and clear manner that stakeholders understand
- Adept at dealing with high volumes of data and comfortable in a highly automated environment
- Ability to work as part of a team in a dynamic environment
- Experience of Oracle ERP or other similar financial systems an advantage
- Excellent MS Office skills particularly Excel