***DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS THURSDAY 31ST JANUARY***
Paddy Power Betfair plc is an international sports betting and gaming operator, with a market-leading presence in the UK, Ireland, Australia and the USA, as well as a range of operations across Europe.
We operate four sports betting and gaming brands; Paddy Power, Betfair, Sportsbet and TVG. We are online-led, mobile-led and sports-led: and our proprietary technology, unique products and innovative marketing all combine to offer a superb experience to our five million customers worldwide.
Our spirit, talent and ambition has taken us into the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange and we now employ over 7,000 people in sixteen locations across the globe; from Dublin to Los Angeles, and London to Melbourne. Our culture rewards innovation, teamwork and we like to stay fast-moving in a dynamic industry.
As a company, we are obsessed with driving a customer obsessed customer. We put our customer at the heart of everything we do, and the Customer Services Team, is, as you would expect, at the very heart of that customer centric ethos.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as Head of our Dublin Customer Services Team. The successful person will own the development and execution of a customer experience strategy which will enhance and secure our position as a leader within our industry.
Reporting into the Director of Customer Services, the successful person will be passionate about customer experience, savvy about the strategic ‘big picture’ business context and an ardent advocate for team development and support. They will strive for excellence while maintaining a focus on providing an efficient service.
This role offers excellent scope to run a support function encompassing multiple brands, numerous contact channels and support types, and working with a dedicated and talented support team. We are also on a contact transformation journey based on the support preferences of the modern customer, and we would love the successful candidate to lead the team in the implementation and support of cutting edge customer contact technology.
- Define and constantly review key Customer Service KPIs related to availability, efficiency and quality.
- Manage the team against the achievement and ongoing improvement against these KPIs.
- Influencing the broader organisation by providing feedback and analysis of customer insights.
- Driving efficiency across all aspects of the customer service function, including cross skilling, continued improvement in the use of technology, etc.
- Sponsor and Lead projects to improve our customers’ experience and operational efficiencies.
- Develop and refine the team structure to best support the Customer Operations Strategy.
- Drive and Support our Responsible Gaming Strategy throughout Customer Services.
- Develop strong relationships with key stake holders within the Cust Ops team and the wider business and external stakeholders.
- Being an expert in the Contact Centre space – the Head of Customer Service will be required to have a clear understanding of what is going on across the call centre sector ensuring PP Customer Experience remains at the forefront of customer service innovation
- Identify at least one strong successor and develop this individual’s skills via coaching and expansions of experience and responsibility
- Training & Staff development. Identify high performers and work with them to achieve their goals, including internal moves/promotions. Be accountable for fostering a culture of respect, change and learning amongst the teams
- Drive a culture of self-managed progression, team engagement and clearly understood R&R.
- This role will require cross site working, with remote reporting and management lines as well as remote peer relationships with our Customer Services team in Malta. The successful candidate will be comfortable with cross location working and will have experience in building strong working relationships across sites.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
The successful candidate is likely to possess:
- Commercially Savvy: Keeps up to date with current and future trends and business developments; uses this knowledge to shape and guide decisions and actions to positively impact business drivers; provides insight on the business and industry, exploring and discussing the potential implications of change
- Hungry for Results: Drives self and others to excel and raise the bar on performance; maintains a high level of personal and collective energy to achieve results that are aligned and contribute to functional performance and strategy, consistently delivers exceptional results and is undeterred by challenging circumstances
- Passionate about Punters: Builds and maintains effective working relationships with customers; gains insight and stays attuned to current and emerging customer needs; uses customer insights to build and identify creative and improved solutions; holds self and others accountable for delivering services that exceed customer expectations
- Big Thinker: Balances strategic objectives with day to day activities; drives efforts and initiatives which will have the greatest strategic impact; considers and explores scenarios and possibilities to help the team and/or organisation prepare and succeed in the future
- Grows Talent: Places a high priority on the development of others and continuous learning; provides constructive feedback and real time coaching to Service others development; recommends and facilitates activities and assignments that Service others development; where relevant identifies successors, and ensures they are ready for key roles
The successful candidate is likely to be/have:
- Proven experience in leading within a large-scale contact centre environment.
- Demonstrable experience in driving a customer centric service while maintaining an efficient support proposition.
- Experience in the challenge and opportunities of working within a cross site team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven evidence of supporting and driving large scales programmes of change.
- Strong leadership skills, the ability to drive team engagement in an ever-changing business landscape.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in a Business or Technology area is beneficial.
Flexible Working Options:
1/ Working from Home
2/ Flexible Hours