Regulatory Affairs Advisor
Reporting to: Director of Regulatory Affairs
In 2016, Paddy Power and Betfair merged to form one of the leading sports betting and gaming groups in the world: Paddy Power Betfair plc. The merger propelled the enlarged group into the FTSE 50.
The Paddy Power brand is widely seen as one of the most distinctive consumer brands in the UK and Ireland. The Betfair brand is famous for Innovation: Betfair pioneered the betting exchange in 2000 – a product which altered the landscape of the sports betting industry.
Today, Paddy Power Betfair is a force to be reckoned with. We have a market-leading presence in the UK, Ireland, Australia and the USA, as well as a range of B2C and B2B operations across Europe.
Our sector is fast moving, technology driven and highly regulated. As part of our Regulatory Affairs team you would enjoy the challenge of complex, multi-jurisdictional work within a wide range of regulatory frameworks. As a global company that’s recently undertaken a major merger, operates across three continents and has major growth ambitions, there are many development opportunities here.
You will be part of a team responsible for securing workable regulatory conditions for PPB’s international business. We are looking for a Regulatory Affairs Advisor who will be heavily involved in influencing regulatory issues relating to PPB’s global business. The successful candidate will show a willingness to engage in policy issues with a view to obtaining successful outcomes.
We are looking for a mid-level advisor who will be heavily involved in the regulatory issues relating to Paddy Power Betfair’s business. Candidates shall be expected to:
- Monitor legal and regulatory developments in different countries.
- Research and write policy documents.
- Adapt and execute Paddy Power Betfair’s public affairs strategy in various jurisdictions.
- Report and advise on regulatory and political developments.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders, e.g. commercial and product owners, politicians, civil servants, industry bodies, etc.
- Manage Paddy Powers Betfair’s relationships with various regulators (including the European Commission) and key politicians in various jurisdictions.
- Some travel necessary.
- Proven experience of working in a public affairs consultancy (or as an in-house public affairs consultant).
- Experience of dealing with the European Institutions in Brussels or similar regulatory bodies in national jurisdictions.
- One foreign language is essential, particularly fluency in Italian but Portuguese or German would also be useful.
- Experience of managing policy issues/campaigns and managing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Sector knowledge would be useful but not essential.
- Being a team player who is willing to get stuck in.
…What Will I Get In Return?!
- Career Progression – 5 global brands in 3 continents = endless opportunities. We’re a FTSE 100 with a start-up soul, so if you enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, you’ll get on here. There are many directions your career can move in; whether it’s gaining promotion within your existing team, or an international move.
- Flexible Working – We play many roles in our busy lives; juggling family, fitness, work, study and community interests. Sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Which got us thinking. Wouldn’t it be great if we could play with time and fit in all the things that are important? Good news. You can. We have a host of flexible working options that are available to everyone at PPB.
- Uncapped Holiday Allowance – Yes, you heard that right – UNCAPPED holiday!
The Fun Stuff:
- Target 20% bonus
- Pizza & beer/wine fridge Friday
- Health & Wellbeing, with free classes such a yoga, bootcamp, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, running & cycling clubs etc.
The Boring Stuff:
- Subsidised canteen
- Pension/Flexible Financial Wellbeing
- Private health insurance
- Life assurance
- Income protection